* Preparing chard seeds for sowing.
Seeds tested for germination are soaked in one of the following nutrient solutions:
- in 1 liter of warm water (30 ° C), dilute 1/4 teaspoon of boric acid and 0.5 teaspoon of nitrophoska or nitroammophoska; seeds are kept in fabric bags for 12 hours;
- in 1 liter of warm water (30 ° C), dilute 1 teaspoon of superphosphate; seeds are kept in solution for 24 hours;
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda is diluted in 1 liter of water; seeds are kept in solution for 24 hours;
- 1 tablespoon of wood ash is diluted in 1 liter of water; seeds are kept in solution for 24 hours.
After soaking the seeds in any of the selected solutions, they are taken out, rinsed with water, covered with a damp cloth and incubated for 2-3 days.
So that the seeds do not dry out, they are moistened as necessary, while making sure that the temperature is not lower than + 20 ° C.
1,0 g = 40-60 seeds.
Eng.: Spinach Beet. Suom.: Mangoldi. Sven.: Mangold. Bot.: Beta cicla L., Beta vulgaris L. var. vulgaris.